Monday, April 1, 2013

Oh day of fools…


 

 

 

Last year on the 1st of April my entire life changed.  Everything I thought I knew about trust, commitment, faithfulness, compassion and happy ever after blew up in a fire ball of bad things.  Now, I’m not complaining because in the long run all that bad stuff happening on April Fool’s Day seems like the universe was trying to play the ultimate prank on me.  I shook it off, struggled here and there for a bit and eventually decided I was going to do something I always said I was going to do…write a book. 

That being said I had no idea what I was doing. I didn’t know about Barnes and Nobles’ publishing platform, I had never even heard of SmashWords or Ibook, I didn’t know that Kindle Prime meant Amazon owned me and Rule for a certain amount of time.  I was literally flying blind and just trying to figure out what I was doing as I went along.  Talk about a crash course.  Self-publishing is both ridiculously easy and terribly difficult….you know I never even had a Facebook before a very helpful and kind reader/blogger said “Hey people might want to talk at you.”  It’s been interesting and at times exhilarating and frustrating because I’m used to having control of my entire life and with Rule, well true to form he just kind of took off and did whatever he wanted!!!

This is a long rambling post to try and explain why some of my release dates and time frame for things are not on point.  I still have some time on my contract with Amazon, the proofreader and editor have their own schedules they work off of and I have no freaking idea how to do re-writes or how long that will take me, plus I have very hard working agent that wants to sell the series and get these Marked Men in real book form not just digital. 

Just keep in mind there is no man behind the curtain, just little ole me trying to figure it out one day at a time.

This April Fool’s day was a million times better and I just want to say thank you to anyone that has read, blogged, tweeted, emailed, suggested to a friend this book.  You’re all amazing and I’ll take you over my ex-asshat any day.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know when Rule will be available for Nook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the end of next week. I thought I was done with my KDP contract with Amazon but I still have a few days left on it, and then I have to format Rule for B&N. I'll post it up as son as I publish for Nook...sorry about the wait I know it's a bummer!!

      Delete